Editor’s note: The following was taken from a release posted on the Plainfield School District website:
On Monday, Aug. 13, District 202 will be running a “Mock School Day” to allow bus drivers to practice their new morning and afternoon routes before school starts next Thursday. The Mock School Day will also let families see the approximate time that buses will arrive at their stops.
- Mid-day kindergarten buses will also practice their routes on the Mock School Day.
- Afternoon kindergarten drivers will personally contact each family on their route to give the child”s pick up time.
- Special education buses that transport students to schools within the district will practice their routes on Monday.
- However, special education buses that transport students to locations outside the district, will not be running their routes.
- All special education bus drivers will also contact their families personally to introduce themselves and provide pick up times even if they do not participate in the Mock School Day.
Please do not stop your driver during the Mock School Day. This is very important to ensure that drivers can run their routes safely and accurately and the district can fix any problems before school starts.
View full post on Plainfield Patch