Editor’s note: The following is taken from a press release issued by the Plainfield Police Department.
Plainfield police teamed with Canadian National, Union Pacific railroad police and BNSF July 11 to conduct a special enforcement at the railroad grade crossing located on Route 126, east of Route 59.
The focus of the enforcement was to cite drivers that disobeyed activated railroad signals, stopped their vehicle within the railroad grade crossing, or failed to stop when driving a vehicle required to stop, such as a school bus.
The following citations were issued:
- 17 citations for stopping within railroad grade crossing
- 1 citation for operating an uninsured motor vehicle
- 1 citation for trespassing on railroad property
- 1 citation for disobeying a police officer
- 4 written warnings for stopping within a railroad grade crossing
View full post on Plainfield Patch