Submitted by Plainfield School District 202:
The event was held April 26 at Eastern Illinois University. The students were among 10 District 202 students to qualify for the completion.
- PEHS senior Nic Kosirog-Jones won first place in the “Advertising” category. This is the first time that PEHS has earned a “first” at the state journalism competition, and the first time any District 202 student has earned a first place at State since 2006.
- PEHS junior Taylor Joniak took fifth in the “Graphics” category
- PSHS senior Megan Deppe earned third place in the “Feature Writing” category
- PHSCC junior Trevor Bush also earned third place in the “Editorial Cartooning” category.
These students also qualified for State but did not place:
- PEHS junior Annette Akuba in “Review Writing”
- PSHS seniors Chris Higgins in “Newswriting” and “Editorial Writing”, and Rachel Hinton in “Review Writing”
- PHSCC seniors Leah Breier in “Advertising” and Cass Mootrey in “Theme Development”; and juniors Megan Schuller in “Copy Writing” and Trevor Bush in “Theme Development.”
View full post on Plainfield Patch